Hi all! I was originally planning on releasing this a bit later but I just couldn’t wait 🤣
This is a really fun-looking tag I saw, so I decided to try it out. I first saw this one over @the fictional journal, so go check out that post if you haven’t already 😉
That’s all I really have to say for this introduction, so let’s dive in, I guess!
- Make sure you give credit to the original creators of this tag – this tag was originally created by Bree Hill.
- If you want to, ping back to the post you first saw this tag
- Have fun!
1. What is your fantasy origin story? (The first fantasy you read)
Honestly, I’m not really sure. I started young, but it was probably a fairytale like Aladdin. 😅
2. If you could be the hero/heroine in a fantasy novel, who would be the author and what’s one trope you’d insist be in the story?
Ooh, that one’s very interesting. I’d like to see a collaboration between Leigh Bardugo and Marie Lu, I think that’d be a perfect fantasy novel! For the trope, I’m not really sure, but maybe an enemies-to-lovers one? Those books always tend to be interesting!
3. What is a fantasy series you’ve read this year, that you want more people to read?
I don’t think I’ve read any fantasy series that aren’t popular this year – I haven’t read a lot of series at all. But earlier this month I started the The Last Hours series, starting with Chain of Gold, and it’s amazing. So though it’s already very popular, I would like for EVEN MORE people to read it so I can discuss it with anyone I come across! 😂
4. What is your favourite fantasy subgenre?
I’m not really sure! I try to read as much as possible and I don’t really think I have a favourite, because the books I love are in different subgenres. 🤣
5. What sub-genre have you not read much from?
Hmm, I’m not sure but possibly futuristic fantasy. I’d like to try more though!
6. Who is one of your auto-buy fantasy authors?
It says one, but I can’t decide! Definitely, Leigh Bardugo and Marie Lu, and possibly Tomi Adeyemi, though she’s only had two books released at the moment so I can’t be too sure yet.
7. How do you typically find fantasy recommendations?
A lot of places 😂
A lot of it is on Goodreads, but I also just search up recommendations too. And of course, blogs! I read quite a lot of other people’s content and a lot of books on my TBR are ones I’ve found from them. 😊
8. What is an upcoming fantasy release that you’re excited for?
There wasn’t really anything until I saw The Bookish Mutant’s new post – Sisters of the Snake sounds great! 😍
9. What is one misconception about fantasy that you’d like to lay to rest?
That every fantasy book is a fairytale. One of the most annoying things is when non-fantasy readers think that every fantasy book is a fairytale! Yes, there are some, but that doesn’t represent every single book out under the fantasy genre. 🙁
10. If someone had never read a fantasy before and asked you to recommend the first 3 books that come to mind as places to start, what would those recommendations be?
There’s so much to choose from! 😭
There’d definitely be a Leigh Bardugo book in there, either Shadow and Bone or Six of Crows. It depends on their personality, which I think would fit them better. Definitely Marie Lu’s Legend, as well, and for the third one I would just ask others for help because I can’t think of anything 😂
11. Who is the most recent fantasy reading content creator you came across and would like to shout out?
I don’t think I’ve seen anyone who fits there! I do love the creative writing content on Clever and WTF; if you have time, make sure to read this amazing story!
Well, that’s all the questions – I hope you enjoyed! If you want to join in feel free, and leave a link in the comments for me to check out your post 😊
That’s all from me for now – I’ll be doing a book meme soon, though I’m not yet sure which one. Bye for now!